Specialized Graduate Diploma in Mathematical and Computational Finance
This specialized graduate diploma (D.E.S.S.) is perfect for anyone interested in learning about financial theory and mathematical, statistical and computer methods applied to finance.
Graduates can work for:
- Financial institutions
- Pension funds
- Corporate financial departments
- State-owned corporations and government departments needing quantitative financial analysts
- Fall and winter admission
- Limited enrolment
- Daytime classes
- Full-time and part-time
- 30 credits, including 14 elective credits
Questions about this program?
Manuel Morales, Associate Professor: 514 343-6697
About this program
International (in French)
Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The advantages of studying mathematical and computational finance at the UdeM!
- A 30-credit graduate diploma that quickly opens doors to top positions as a quantitative financial analyst.
- The program draws on the Department's strengths in stochastic and numerical methods applied to financial markets.
- A thorough grounding in financial instruments and risk management tools suited to new market realities.
- Scholarships for master's students.
- A department recognized internationally for its research: one of the top francophone departments in the world, and the leading francophone department in Canada.
- Valuable links with 2 research centres:
- Interuniversity research centre in economics and quantitative analysis (CIREQ)
- Centre for Interuniversity Research and Analysis of Organizations (CIRANO)
- UdeM is among the top 100 universities in the world in operations research (QS), economics (US News and Shanghai Rankings), mathematics (QS), computer science (NTU), as well as accounting and finance (QS).